Amniotic fluid stem cell therapy
At AMNICELL, we deliver breakthroughs to fulfill our promise of using human amniotic fluid as a source of stem cells, and harnessing new technology for innovative treatments that improve healthcare and wellness.
Our initial research focus is on skin disorders. We are developing a novel therapy to treat chronic non-healing wounds. Current treatment options are limited. Chronic non-healing wounds affect 6.5 million people in the United States every year, at an estimated annual cost of US$25 billion.
We are developing the first new treatment involving amniotic fluid stem cells to accelerate healing and reduce scarring in non-healing wounds.
Current studies also are underway for new treatments with stem cells for end stage lung disease and diabetes.
In addition, we are studying the potential of amniotic fluid and stem cell therapy for skin care and hair growth.
- Young BK, Jirku H, Slyper AJ, Levitz M, Kelly WG, YaverbaumS: Estriol conjugates in amniotic fluid of normal and Rh-isoimmunized patients. J Clin Endocrin Metab 39: 842, 1974.
- Levitz M, Jirku H, Kadner S, Young BK: Estriol conjugates in body fluids in late human pregnancy. J Ster Biochem 6: 663, 1975.
- S.P. Loukogeorgakis, P. De Coppi / Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology 31 (2016) 45e5
- C. W Scott et al. / Toxicology Letters 219 (2013) 49– 58
- Chen Z, Jadhav A, Wang F, Perle M, Basch R, Young BK. Senescence and Longevity in Amniotic Fluid Derived Cells. Stem Cell Discovery 2013; 3, 47-55
- Chen Z, Chan M, Strelchenko N, Wang F, Liu L, Perle MA, Basch R, Young BK. Heterogeneity of Stem Cells in Human Amniotic Fluid. J. Regen Med. 2014, 3:1
- Proudfit C, Chan M, Basch R, Young BK. Identification and isolation of putative stem cells from the murine placenta. J.Perinat. Med. 2014; 42(6) 675-683
- Young BK, Chan MK, Liu L, Basch RS. Amniotic fluid as a source of multipotent cells for clinical use. J. Perinat Med. 2016; 44(3):333-7
- Dziadosz M, Basch RS, Young BK. Human Amniotic Fluid: A source of stem cells for therapeutic use. Am. J. Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214 (3) 321-327
- Dziadosz M, Basch RS, Chan M, Young BK. Effects of Pharmacological agents on Human Amniotic Fluid-Derived Stem Cells in Culture. Stem Cells Development 2016 25: (20) 1570-79
- Parker, G C; Trosko, J E; Steger-Hartmann, T; Young, B K. The future of stem cells and toxicity screening. Applied In Vitro Toxicology. 2017 3(2):149-153
- Dolin C., Chan M., Basch RS, Young BK. Human Term Amniotic Fluid: A novel source of stem cells for regenerative medicine. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Sep;219(3):308-309.
Kwong J., BA, Kuhn J., MD, Chan M., BA, Jasmine Lee MA., BA, Ponce AV., PhD, Young B., MD, Rabbani PS., PhD. Amniotic Fluid Stem Cells Ameliorate Wound Healing In A Diabetic Murine Model Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open: April 2020 – Volume 8 – Issue 4S – p 3-4.